View My Stats

Sunday 16 December 2012

Fake it 'til you make it


With most of Australia winding down for holidays this coming week, I do hope you've all got some sort of plans to rest and relax and recharge for the new year.  I have a few more weeks to go, but that doesn't mean I'm not preparing my beach bag, suitcase and beauty case, especially with sun protection.

Living in Melbourne and being chained to a computer and desk, I am seriously packing in sunlight and vitamin D so when I do expose my skin to the sun I am even more careful not to burn it or cause it any unnecessary damage.

Here are my favourite summer sun protection products and fake tanners.  And best of all, most of them don't break the bank.


St Tropez Bronzing Mouuse - most people who have never used this baulk at the idea of rubbing in a foamy mousse, but this so fool proof.  The mousse is rich and leathery which makes it a breeze to apply and due to a dark hue, you can see exactly where you are applying it, which prevents any streaks.  The colour is very believable.  It also comes in a gradual tanner if you want something that lasts a few days longer.

Garnier BB cream - my favourite product year round.  Has SPF.  Gives a wonderful light coverage and colour and makes my skin glow.  I even notice that it improves skin tone over time.  What's not to love!

Nivea Ultra Beach Protect Spray 30+ - I love the convenience of the light, non greasy spray.  I can even spray it on myself in the hard to reach places if I'm alone.  No sunburn in sight with this one.

Reef Sun Tan Oil - to me, summer smells like Reef - oily and coconut-y.  I often apply this oil over the top of sunscreen.  And the 15 and 30 SPF products often do a great job at sun protection, too.

Garnier Body Summer Lotion - I discovered this a few weeks ago and am entirely obsessed.  It comes in 3 shades to suit all skin tones and leaves a great non yellow tan.  My legs have never looked better.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, I'm off to bake and finish decorating the tree (B surprised me with a real tree yesterday that we can grow over the years!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.