View My Stats

Sunday 12 September 2010

"Between the fear that something would happen and the hope that still it wouldn't, there is much more space than one thinks. On that narrow, hard, bare and dark space a lot of us spend their lives." Ivo Andric

As I mentioned in a previous post, for years and years I haven't marked my birthday whatsoever.  Something always happened in the lead up and this year was no different, but I'm so glad that I organised to see my dear friends and mark the occasion!  Life is too precious and too short.

I met with my first group of friends after work for some drinks.  I probably haven't been 'out' all year! Hmmm.  We had a lovely booth at a bar with lots of drinks and some nibblies to share.




On Saturday, my actual birthday I spent the day with B in South Melbourne, visiting an endless amount of shops, bookstores, antique furniture stores, drinking too many soy lattes and lunching on the most amazing fruit toast with home made jam at St Ali.  It was such a lovely, warm-ish early spring day, spent doing my favourite things with my favourite person!



Today I was joined by some other friends for a long lunch at St Kilda beach, including my newest friend, baby A!  I can't get enough of him and will be so sad when he moves away with his mummy (who is one of my closes friends) so they can finally be together with his daddy in Adelaide.  



And tonight B and I had a wonderful, romantic dinner at Donovan's. It's such a lovely, warm and intimate restaurant with an open fire place, serving hearty, wholesome and rustic food.



Thank you to each and everyone of my wonderful friends for making it such a wonderful, memorable birthday.


And of course the gifts, which have been trickling in all week!

My friend D, surprised me with a package at work.  The lip balms are brilliant, and there's enough for each hand bag no more dry lips when forgetting one in another bag.  Brilliant.  And anything Aesop I love!  Am yet to try and moisturising oils.  Thanks babe! 

Now, B knew how much I wanted a remote for my camera, and he was more than happy to oblige so that he'd also be relieved that he would no longer have to take photos of me!  Little did I expect something from Chanel too!  He went early in the morning to get a hair cut, came home, yet there was no hair cut! Only a gift from Chanel =D




It's a lovely, elegant, crystal pendant...


The Chanel birthday continued, thanks to my sister in law!



My friend D totally spoilt me with a gorgeous bow clutch, 4 mini Essie polishes and a bottle of the new Gucci Guilt fragrance!  


And my friend A and baby A got me some stunning jewellery.


Everyone knows my tastes far too well!  Thanks guys!  I'd be nothing with you all! xo

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, darling!
    What lovely gifts!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday!! and really, can you ever go wrong with chanel?

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a very very very happy birthday.Lovely that you have good friends who know you well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing birthday!! So happy for you M...+Chanel!? Yay!!

    Xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Enjoy all your beautiful gifts and fabulous friends and family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a perfect celebrationary weekend and gorgeous gifts!! How lovely your B is and what a gorgeous surprise - Chanel !! Lucky, lucky you and deserved totally I am POSITIVE ... x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Darling! Looks like you had a fabulous birthday weekend and some glammy goodies as well! Chanel & Gucci - lucky girl!

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like so much this photos..and obviously : happy birthday ^^
    I hope to see you in my blog
    Je :)
    http://onthemarry-go-round.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a wonderful time and had a spring like day for your special day. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaa, Chance is my favorite perfume:)and i always wear TOOO much:)

    SP

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.