View My Stats

Sunday 27 June 2010

New week, new me...

Over the last few weeks I've felt rather flat.  Life has not gone to plan lately, friends have disappointed me again and again.  Sometimes I struggle to get out of bed, let alone to wash my hair and get dressed and leave the house.  And the cold weather is going straight through the bones.

I'm going to try and beat it one day at a time.  Today it was with baking, tomorrow, hopefully with exercise. And I promise I'm going to care about what I'm wearing to work next week!

Tonight's recipe - an apple & strawberry sponge pudding.  A variation of a couple of different recipes


Ingredients
  • 4 granny smith apples
  • punnet of strawberries - you can use any berries or even rhubarb
  • 120g butter
  • 220g sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 100g self raising flour
  • 50ml milk



Boil apples and berries in 100ml water & 100g sugar for 15 minutes


mix butter, sugar, eggs, flour and milk


spoon the fruit (minus the juice) in a baking tray.  pour the sponge mixture over it.


bake for 30-40 min at 180 degrees.  custard is optional

perfect with a cup of tea on a cold winter Sunday night


xoxo




7 comments:

  1. Oh this looks delish.
    Good on you for taking care of YOU :)
    Wishing you a great week ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing makes you feel better than some comfort food and that looks gorgeous. Hope you get the pick up you need real soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious looking recipe.. thank you for this and hope the week will be better.. wrap up warm ! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey this looks awesome. I think I'm gonna make it gf, toss in some rhubarb and give it a go this week.

    SO good to see you and hear from you. Hang in there. I freaking hate winter too, so know just how you feel. Damn drudgery of it all. Be nice to yourself - drink hot tea, watch your favorite felicity, get a snuggly robe (ever tried barefoot dreams?), eat a little dessert, and...try pilates (if you haven't). I make a point to try to do it 5x/week - even if I'm doing it at home to video. It helps me immensely and is not overly difficult. Best of all gets your endorphins going so when friend disappoint it doesn't sting so bad...and girlfriend I can totally relate to that.

    Hang in there!! xoxo
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your apple thing, I'm going to try it at some point although I am pretty dire at baking.

    It is so horrible when the down mood hits. I was so homesick a few weeks ago and just looked at everything differently. Wasn't the best. It will pass and you'll feel as right as rain soon. lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the sweet messages ladies :)

    Sophie I get homesick for my parents all the time, totally feel your pain xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg u like felicity?!care you in melby? we could have a felicity marathon...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.